LAst Updated: September 9, 2016
We may collect information from you during your use or access of the Saever Platform, when you:
· Create and Register for an Account;
· Provide feedback and participate in polls or surveys;
· Enroll for electronic newsletters;
· Submit a service request a quote or other information;
· Submit a quote;
· Accept a quote and make a purchase;
· Fill out any forms and email;
· Register for a promotion;
· Transmit User Content;
· Visit our web site;
· Download or use one of Saever mobile application; or
· When you otherwise communicate with us or other users through the Platform.
The information you provide directly to us may concern you or others and may include, but is not limited to:
· Zip code;
· Email address;
· Home or business telephone number;
· Home, business or mailing address;
· Demographic information (e.g., gender, age, political preference, education, race or ethnic origin, and other information relevant to user surveys and/or offers);
· Date of birth;
· Insurance information;
· Information about your project, request or need;
· Video or audio files;
· Payment information; and/or
· Identity verification information.
It may also include information specific to services you are requesting or offering through the Platform, such as a business name, service description, qualifications and credentials. You are not required to provide us with such information, but certain features of the Platform may not be accessible or available, absent the provision of the requested information.
When you use our Services, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
· Location Information: When you use the Services, we collect precise location data about the trip from the Saever app used by the Provider. If you permit the Saever app to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system (“platform”), we may also collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
· Contacts Information: If you permit the Saever app to access the address book on your device through the permission system used by your mobile platform, we may access and store names and contact information from your address book to facilitate social interactions through our Services and for other purposes described in this Statement or at the time of consent or collection.
· Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and other related transaction details.
· Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and verions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
· Phone Call and SMS Data: Our Services facilitate communications between Customers and Providers. In connection with facilitating this service, we receive call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message.
· Log Information: When you interact with the Platform, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
· Surveys: You may, at your choice, complete surveys on the Saever Platform about, for example, your level of satisfaction with the Saever Platform, your engagement with the Saever Platform, and your awareness of Saever Platform features. In some cases, we may link the information you provide in the survey with Personal Information in your Saever account, such as your name or email address. When linked to Personal Information, your survey information becomes Personal Information too.
If you participate on the Saever Platform as a Providers, you may give us:
· Billing information, such as credit or debit card number, expiration date & security code and/or information regarding your PayPal, Google Wallet or other digital payment accounts
· Contact information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number
· Log-in information, including your Saever username and password
· Application information, if requesting consideration to participate as a Providers through the Saever Platform, such as your experience, skills, eligibility to work, and availability
· Social Security number, if you are a Provider who wishes to participate on the Saever Platform in the United States and you are selected for a background check
· If you apply on the Saever Platform for employment with Saever, you may give us:
· Contact information, including your name, email address, telephone number, and mailing address
· Resume and LinkedIn profile
· More about payment card information:
We collect information through technology to enhance our ability to serve you. When you access and use the Saever Platform, Saever and, in some cases, our third-party service providers collect information about how you interact with the Saever Platform. We describe below a few of the methods we use to collect information through technology.
When you visit the Saever Platform, we collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address. An IP address is often associated with the portal you used to enter the Internet, like your Internet service provider (ISP), company, association, or university. While an IP address may reveal your ISP or geographic area, we cannot determine your identity solely based upon your IP address. However, we may link the last IP address you used to access the Saever Platform to Personal Information you provide us.
We may also collect a unique identifier for your computer, mobile device, or other device used to access the Saever Platform ("Device Identifier"). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to the device you used to access the Saever Platform. We may link the Device Identifier to other information about your visit, such as what pages you viewed, and to Personal Information you provide us, such as your name.
The type of Internet browsers you use with the App.
Your mobile operating system.
Your phone number or other identifiers assigned to your mobile device, including: The IP address of your mobile device, the manufacturer and model of your mobile device
We may also collect information about how you use the App, such as the amount of time you spend using the App, how many times you use a specific feature of the App over a given time period, how often you use the App, and actions you take in the App. In addition, we may gather information about the website from which you downloaded the App to help us determine what App download site is most effective (collectively "App Usage Information").
We may link your Mobile Device Information and App Usage Information to Personal Information you have provided us, in which case we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
When you use the Platform, we may collect general location information (such as IP address). If you install our mobile app, we may ask you to grant us access to your mobile device's geolocation data. If you grant such permission, we may collect information about your precise geolocation, and we may use that information to improve the Platform, including providing you with location-based features (e.g. for identification of Providers available near you). To deliver customized content and advertising, we may share your location information with our agents, vendors, or advertisers. If you access the Platform through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer's instructions for further details. If you disable certain functions, you may be unable to use certain parts of the Platform.
We only collect location information about Providers who have been accepted to participate on the Saever Platform and not about Customers or about Providers applying to participate in the Saever Platform.
We may collect information about you or others through Saever affiliates or through non-affiliated third parties. For example, you may be able to access the Platform through a social networking account, such as Facebook. If you access the Platform through your Facebook account, you may allow us to have access to certain information in your Facebook profile. This may include your name, profile picture, gender, networks, user IDs, list of friends, location, date of birth, email address, photos, videos, people you follow and/or who follow you, and/or your posts or "likes."
Social networking sites, such as Facebook, have their own policies for handling your information. For a description of how these sites may use and disclose your information including any information you make public, please consult the sites' privacy policies. We have no control over how any third-party site uses or discloses the personal information it collects about you.
We may also collect information about you or others through non-affiliated third parties. For example, to the extent permitted by law, we may, in our sole discretion, ask for and collect supplemental information from third parties, such as information about your credit from a credit bureau, or information to verify your identity or trustworthiness, or for other fraud or safety protection purposes. We may combine information that we collect from you through the Platform with information that we obtain from such third parties and information derived from any other products or service.
We may supplement the information we collect about you through the Saever Platform with records received from third parties in order to enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor our content to you, and to offer you information that we believe may be of interest to you. For example, websites on which we have placed advertisements, such as Google, may tell us which ads about Saever you clicked. This is often called "conversion tracking."
In addition, when third parties such as Hirease, Onfido or Checkr.com conduct background checks on Providers, those third parties share the results of the background check with Saever.
If you login to the Saever Platform through a social networking site, such as Facebook, we may collect your Facebook authentication token and account identification number and use that information to provide you with access to your account on the Saever Platform.
If you call or text (SMS) message a Provider or a Customer using the telephone number provided by Saever, Saever uses Twilio to mask your telephone number. During this process, Saever and Twilio receive in real time and store call data, including the date and time of the call or text (SMS) message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the text (SMS) messages.
The Saever Platform includes links from the Saever Platform to sites or applications operated by third parties ("Third-Party Sites") and plug-ins (such as Twitter buttons) from Third-Party Sites.
For example, Providers may be directed to a Third Party Site, such as Checkr.com, Onfido.com, or Hirease.com, so that the Third Party Site can conduct a background check. The Third Party Site may ask the Provider for identifying information to conduct the background check.
We may use your information for any of the following reasons:
For the purposes for which you provided it;
· To enable you to use the services available through the Platform, including registering you for our services and verifying your identity and authority to use our services;
· For customer support and to respond to your inquiries;
· For internal record-keeping purposes;
· To administer surveys, sweepstakes, promotions, or contests;
· To process billing and payment including sharing with third-party payment gateways and payment service providers in connection with the Platform;
· To improve and maintain the Platform and for product development;
· To address fraud or safety concerns, or to investigate complaints or suspected fraud or wrongdoing;
· To periodically send promotional emails regarding new products from Saever, special offers from Saever, or other information that may interest you;
· With your consent, to contact you by text message regarding certain services or information you have requested;
· With your consent, to contact you by telephone or text message regarding Platform features, improvements, or other products and services that may interest you;
· For Saever market research purposes, including, but not limited to, the customization of the Platform according to your interests;
· To contact you about goods and services that may interest you or with information about your use of the Platform;
· For other research and analytical purposes; and
· To resolve disputes, to protect ourselves and other users of the Platform, and to enforce any legal terms that govern your use of the Platform.
We may combine information that we collect from you through the Platform with information that we obtain from affiliated and nonaffiliated third parties, and information derived from any other products or services we provide.
We may aggregate and/or de-identify information collected through the Platform. We may use de-identified or aggregated data for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes and may also share such data with any third parties, including without limitation, advertisers, promotional partners, sponsors, event promoters, and/or others.
We use the information we collect to serve our customers, consider applicants, market and promote our services, and improve your experience at the Saever Platform. Some examples include:
· Scheduling, rescheduling, and cancelling services
· Rating Providers
· Addressing service complaints
· Communicating with you by email, telephone, or text message, in accordance with your wishes
· Managing payments for services
· Considering whether to engage Providers on the Saever Platform
· Evaluating job applications to work at Saever
· Improving customer service
· Sending you marketing and promotional emails, unless you have told us you do not want to receive such emails
· Troubleshooting technical problems on the Saever Platform
· Responding to questions and feedback
· Conducting research and analysis
· Running online or mobile sweepstakes, contents, or other promotions
· Marketing and advertising products and services
· Continuously evaluating and improving the online and mobile user experience
· Contacting you with regard to your use of the Saever Platform and, in our discretion, changes to the Saever Platform and/or the Saever Platform policies
By using the Saever platform, you expressly consent and agree to accept and receive communications from us, including via e-mail, text message, calls, and push notifications to the cellular telephone number you provided to us. By consenting to being contacted by Saever, you understand and agree that you may receive communications generated by automatic telephone dialing systems and/or which will deliver prerecorded messages sent by or on behalf of Saever, its affiliated companies and/or Users/Professionals, including but not limited to: operational communications concerning your account or use of the Saever Platform or Services, updates concerning new and existing features on the Saever Platform, communications concerning promotions run by us and news concerning Saever and industry developments. If you wish to opt-out of promotional emails, text messages, or other communications, you may opt-out by following the unsubscribe options described below. Standard text messaging charges applied by your cell phone carrier will apply to text messages we send. You acknowledge that you are not required to consent to receive promotional messages as a condition of using the Saever Platform or the Services. You may opt-out of receiving promotional or marketing texts or calls from Saever at any time. You may also opt-out of receiving all texts or calls from Saever (including informational or transactional messages), however you acknowledge that opting out of receiving all texts may impact your use of the Saever Platform or the Services.
The information described in this section may be transferred to, or processed and stored in, the United States and other countries, which may employ greater or less restrictive data protection laws. In all cases, we will take appropriate measures to protect your personal information in accordance with the policies described herein.
We delete the back-ups of the databases containing your Personal Information after 9 months, unless you request that we delete it earlier.
Third party companies and individuals provide or facilitate certain aspects of the services offered through the Saever Platform on our behalf. We may provide these third-party service providers with access to your information, including your Personal Information, so that they can perform these services for us. We require these third-party service providers to provide safeguards for your Personal Information similar to the ones that we provide.
The following are some examples of how we share your information with third-party service providers.
We retain third-party service providers to help us perform data analytics regarding your interactions with the Saever Platform. For example, Google Analytics and Bounce Exchange may track what pages users visit on the Site, whether users use any coupon codes, and what services users request to determine how users use the Site.
In some cases, these third-party service providers, such as Epsilon, may in turn share your Personal Information, such as your name and email address, with other third parties for their marketing-related purposes. If you wish to opt out of having your Personal Information shared with such third parties, please email privacy@Saever.com.
Service providers help us to provide functions available through the Saever Platform. For example, we may share your Device Identifier with Urban Airship so that it can help us to send you push notifications. We share your telephone number and call data with Twilio, as described in Section I(e), above, so that Twilio can mask your telephone number.
We use third-party service providers to analyze your use of our App. For example, Yozio provides reports to us showing the sites from which users download our App tied to information about how you downloaded the App, such as your IP address and Device Identifier.
We use PayPal, a third-party service provider, to process any billing information, including credit card information you submit.
When Providers applying to participate on the Saever Platform in the United States provide their Social Security numbers for a background check, the Social Security number is transmitted using SSL encryption to the background check service provider. Saever also securely provides U.S. Provider's Social Security numbers to the check processor.
We may provide access to your information to select third parties who perform services on our behalf. These third parties provide a variety of services to us including without limitation billing, sales, marketing, advertising, market research, fulfillment, data storage, analysis and processing, identity verification, fraud and safety protection and legal services. As we retain new service providers, we generally seek contractual assurances from these service providers that they will not use your information in any manner other than to help us provide you with the services and products available from Saever.
We may share your information with any Saever affiliates.
If you choose to log-in to the Saever Platform through Facebook, Twitter, or another social networking site, we may share information about your account with the social networking site.
Required Disclosures: We may be required to disclose Personal Information in response to a court order, subpoena, civil discovery request, other legal process, or as otherwise required by law.
Legal Compliance and Protections: We may disclose account and other Personal Information when we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Saever, our users, or others. This includes exchanging Personal Information with other companies and organizations for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.
We may disclose your information when required by law or when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to: (a) comply with subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process we receive; (b) establish or exercise our legal rights including enforcing and administering agreements with users; or (c) defend Saever against legal claims. If we are required by law to disclose your information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you unless we believe in our sole discretion that (a) providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, court order or applicable law; or (b) we, in our sole discretion, believe that providing notice could create a risk of injury or death, or that harm or fraud could be directed to Saever or users. We will attempt to provide the notice by email if you have given us an email address. If you do not challenge the disclosure request, we may be legally required to turn over your information.
We may disclose your Personal Information to an attorney in the process of obtaining legal advice.
We reserve the right to disclose and transfer your information, including your Personal Information to a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of the Saever Platform or successor database.
In connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of substantially all of our membership interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including to any prospective purchasers.
As we continue to develop our business, we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions or where there is any change of control of Saever, user information may be among the transferred assets.
We may provide your identity and mobile device identifier to third-party app store providers (for example, the Apple App Store) to allow you to download our mobile apps.
We may provide information about users to third parties for academic and research purposes, in anonymized or aggregated form.
If you are interested in more information about tailored browser advertising and how you can generally control cookies from being put on your computer to deliver tailored marketing, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative's Consumer Opt-Out Link and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance's Consumer Opt-Out Link to opt-out of receiving tailored advertising from companies that participate in those programs. To opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising or customize Google Display Network ads, you can visit the Google Ads Settings page. Please note that to the extent advertising technology is integrated into the Platform, you may still receive advertising content even if you opt out of tailored advertising. In that case, the advertising content will just not be tailored to your interests. Also, we do not control any of the above opt-out links and are not responsible for any choices you make using these mechanisms or the continued availability or accuracy of these mechanisms. If your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit this opt-out page, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different computer or change web browsers, your NAI or DAA opt-out may no longer be effective.
When using a mobile application you may also receive tailored in-application advertising content. Each operating system, iOS for Apple devices, Android for Android devices and Windows for Microsoft devices, provides its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of tailored in-application marketing content. You may review the support materials and/or the privacy settings for the respective operating systems in order to opt-out of tailored in-application advertising. For any other devices and/or operating systems, please visit the privacy settings for the applicable device or contact the applicable platform operator.
We may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (any, a "Promotion") through the Saever Platform that may require providing Personal Information to register. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, allowing the sponsor of the Promotion to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion. Please read the official rules carefully. If you choose to enter a Promotion, Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion's official rules, such as on a winners' list.
The security and confidentiality of your Personal Information is important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access or disclosure and improper use.
For example, when users request for services, the information they input is encrypted through SSL encryption. We do not store credit card information on our servers, and we use SSL encryption to protect your credit card information when it is transferred to our third-party payment processor. In addition, access to your Personal Information is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the Personal Information to perform a specific job, for example, sales representatives, managers, and customer service staff, are granted access to Personal Information. All employees with access to Personal Information are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. After a new policy is added, these employees are notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to enhance protection for our users' Personal Information.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your account password and to your computer. Be sure to log out of your account or to close your browser after you have completed your visit to our Site.
We employ appropriate physical, procedural and technological security measures, which are reasonably designed to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure. Saever may use encryption, passwords, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. No security measures, however, are 100% failsafe. Therefore, we do not promise and cannot guarantee, and thus you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will not be collected, disclosed and/or used by others. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared device, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, keeping your log-in and password private, and not recycling passwords from other websites or accounts. Saever is not responsible for the unauthorized use of your information nor for any lost, stolen, compromised passwords, or for any activity on your Account via unauthorized password activity.
Please note that despite our reasonable efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable, so we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information.
You may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update, correct, or delete your Personal Information. You may also update, correct, and delete some of your Personal Information through your account on the Saever Platform.
In addition, you may cancel or modify the email communications you have chosen to receive from the Saever Platform by following the instructions contained in emails from us.
UPDATING, DELETING, AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails about your Account or any services you have requested or received from us.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Saever does not share your personally identifiable information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you provide us with consent to do so.
We may change this Statement from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, or to the Statement, we will provide you notice through the Services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review the Statement for the latest information on our privacy practices.